The Snail and the Whale
A play with music inspired by the book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
Join an adventurous young girl and her seafaring father as they reimagine the story of a tiny snail's incredible trip around the world, inspired by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler's much-loved picture book.
Longing to see the world, a tiny sea snail hitches a lift on the tail of a great big, grey-blue humpback whale.
Together they go on an amazing journey, brought vividly to life through live music, storytelling and lots of laughs - but when the whale gets beached, how will the snail save him?
"An exquisite piece of theatre"
"A small but ingenious pleasure"
Image credit: The Snail and the Whale © Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler 2003 – Macmillan Children’s Books
COVID-19 Secure Venue
For your safety, we've put numerous measures in place to make the venue COVID-19 Secure. For detailed information visit our coronavirus information page
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Refreshments available to pre-order during ticket purchase.
- Ensure your account contact details are up to date (My Account). If required we may need to share your contact details with NHS Track and Trace.
- Where possible please use e-tickets by selecting print at home delivery method.
- Max. 6 tickets per booking. Attendees should sit in groups of six or less in accordance with the latest government guidelines.
- Seats will be automatically allocated in order to maintain social distancing between groups.
- We will send you an email before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need ahead of your visit.
See It Safely
We have been See It Safely approved.
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre's See It Safely mark.
The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences.