COVID-19 Secure Venue
We look forward to welcoming you back to Theatre Royal Winchester.
Consider wearing a face mask
Whilst attending our events, do consider wearing a face mask.
Wash your hands
Please sanitise your hands upon entering the building and regularly during your time with us.
Take a test
In order to help protect our staff, volunteers and audiences, we actively encourage you to take a lateral flow test before attending our events.
For your safety, we've put numerous measures in place to make the venue COVID-19 Secure, including:
- Multiple hand sanitation points around the building, including on entry.
- Increased cleaning regime before and after performances.
- Improved air filtration in the auditorium and toilets.
- Audience members are asked to consider wearing a face covering whilst seated and attending events.
- Contactless ticket scanning.
- Windows and doors open, whenever possible, to allow fresh air to circulate.
- Fogging between events in the auditorium, Cafe Bar and backstage.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Ensure your account contact details are up to date (My Account). If required we may need to share your contact details with NHS Track and Trace.
- Where possible please use e-tickets by selecting print at home delivery method.
What happens if I feel ill?
Please do not attend if you:
- believe you may be infected with COVID-19
- have experienced symptoms in the last 10 days
- have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 10 days
- have been instructed to self-isolate
If you are unable to attend due to one of the above reasons, tickets can be exchanged for an alternative performance date or the ticket monies credited to your customer account for future use, providing you have contacted the Box Office up to 24 hours before the performance.
What if I feel ill after my visit?
We are working with the government to Track and Trace. If you display COVID-19 symptoms you need to get a test as soon as possible. If you test positive NHS Test and Trace will ask you where you have been recently and who you have been in close contact with.
If government guidelines change we will update our guidelines accordingly.
See It Safely
We have been See It Safely approved.
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre's See It Safely mark.
The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences.